Friday, September 4, 2009

Torture, I mean Boot Camp, Day 1

September 2, 20009

So my friend Angela decided to go to Body Sculptor's Boot Camp for the next 4 weeks and since we're lesbian lovers (according to our husbands) and do everything else together, I thought, "Why not?"

Wednesday morning, Angela picks me up at the butt crack of dawn (5:35 a.m.) and we make our way to Tom Sawyer park with our weights, exercise mats, water and visions of being ripped at the end of 4 weeks.

We "warm up" with a 1 mile run. "OK, I'm done. That was a great work out. Oh, we're not done yet? Dang." Then we proceed to do jumping jacks, bicep curls,  stomach exercises, etc. On the second set, I said, "I don't feel so good." I thought I might pass out. What a wimp. No, damnit, I'm no wimp. I had 3 children without epidurals for crying out loud. I can do this. Nope. Gotta sit down or I'm gonna fall down.

Now everyone is looking at me. I think, well I didn't eat anything this morning, maybe my blood sugar is low. But I'm feeling like I've never felt before. Very out of it and very dizzy. The cutie pie "drill sargeant" tells me to lie down with my legs propped up. OK, so now I'm LAYING down at BOOT CAMP. Jeez. 

I try to rest a few minutes and get back up. Not a good idea. Now everyone is running sprints. Uh, I don't think so. So I lay back down. The sweet little nurse next to me (who I ask if she's hired to be there for wimps like me. She assures me that she is there of her own accord.) tells me she use to pass out due to low blood pressure.

OMG!!! DUH! I had started a new medication earlier in the week and the one of the side effects is low blood pressure. Sigh. I'm not a wimp after all, it's the drugs. So I continue to do the lying down exercises and leave feeling a little better. 

I go home and drink 120 oz. of fluid throughout the rest of the day and rest whenever I can. I feel hungover most of the day. I discontinue the medicine and vow to go back tomorrow to redeem myself...

No comments: