Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Boot Camp, Day 4

It took me ALL of the long weekend to recover from last week's Boot Camp. I was just starting to enjoy the return of the use of my legs again...eh...walking is overrated anyway. 

So I drive this morning and pick Angela up. We make it just as the drill sargeant is pulling in. Whoo hoo. Not late. 

It's a foggy morning. Very eerie. The kind you see in a slasher film right before Jason jumps out and starts his killing spree. I keep picturing some psycho jumping out of the fog at us as we are doing our 1 mile "warm up." Then Angela proceeds to tell me that the fog reminds her of a Stephen King novel, "The Mist." La, la, la. I don't want to hear it. My imagination is active enough with the help of Stephen King. In fact, it took me like 15 years (literally) to stop checking behind the shower curtain after just hearing about the shower scene in "Psycho." And if you must know, I still check from time to time. I can't watch scary movies because then I am convinced that whatever happens in the movie is going to happen to me. Seriously, I probably need to be medicated but I digress.

Back to Boot Camp...

On our first lap around the parking lot in the creepy fog, drill sargeant runs up behind us and says, "Pick up the pace." First of all, don't sneak up on us in this fog if you want to keep that pretty little face of yours, and second, this is as "picked up" as I'm gonna get at 5:45 in the morning. Hell, picking up the pace is just being here for crying out loud.

Today we worked the lower body which means 5 million squats and 2 trillion lunges. On the 4th set of lunges, drill sargeant says, "Get that back knee lower to the ground" and he happens to be standing right in front of me. For the record, it was a well-deserved comment but I was thinking, "I know what I'd like to do with this back knee..." I would SO get kicked out of the Army if this were real Boot Camp.

I told Angela I didn't like him anymore and I was taking back what I said last week about "the prize." She told me I couldn't take it back and we had ourselves a  good little chuckle right in the middle of scissor kicks. I laughed so hard, I snorted. It's the only way I can get through BC without crying.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Cadet Erin said...

i heard that snort. :-)

I also don't like being chased in the fog...