Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boot Camp, Day 8

Well, I was starting to feel a little cocky after Monday's Boot Camp, like, I have this whole Boot Camp thang down. Oh boy, was I put back in my place today! Drill Sargent wasn't feeling well today and he certainly took it out on us. (And by the way, why didn't any of you grammar punks tell me I was spelling "Sargent" wrong this whole time?)

After watching the Biggest Loser last night, I was thinking I needed a little Jillian in my life. Some hard core, bad ass biatch yelling in my face saying things like, "Move your fat ass NOW!" and "Maybe if you had lifted a few more weights and a few less donuts, you wouldn't be here right now!" Even though DS isn't an f-bomb dropping, in your face, hard core kinda guy like Jillian, he still manages to push us to the point of wanting to die.

So here's a recap of today...

We arrive a few minutes early. DS isn't there yet. We stretch a little and begin the "warm up." About 1/2 way around the first lap, DS pulls in. Angela remarks, "He's late. He needs to drop and give us 20." We have a good laugh.

The biggest torture of the day is something called "body builders." Basically, you jump down and back into a push-up position, jump your legs out into a "jumping jack" position, then jump them back together, drop into a push-up then hoist yourself back up to standing. THREE SETS OF FIFTEEN of those. Kill me now. Seriously.

Plus the usual – the dreaded jumping jacks, sit-ups, shoulder raises, dead lifts, scissor kicks, side planks, leg raises, blah, blah, blah, torture, torture, torture. THEN, walking lunges with sprinting/suicides mixed in between. Angela says she's going to call them "homicides" instead because they make her want to off the DS. LOL. It's Boot Camp: CSI!

Angela is not going to be there on Friday or Monday because she will be at Disney. She'll be hangin' with Mickey and the gang while I'm getting my ass kicked. I hope Mickey bites her in the butt. ;-) My hubby is going to have to literally kick me out of bed on Friday because I know I'm going to be very tempted not to go.

Just call me Puddin' cause my legs are Jello!

1 comment:

Erin said...

For your readers' viewing pleasure, here's a visual of the Body Builders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hRr8IoKRGs

I looked this up as soon as I had a free moment so that I could complain accurately to my husband.