Friday, September 4, 2009

Boot Camp, Day 3

We make it on time today and start right into our "warm up." Whoa. I'm feeling it today. My legs and arms feel like Jello. I don't have nearly as much pep in my step today but Angela and I are determined not to finish last today. We finish a respectable 3rd and 4th right behind the skinny girls, who, by the way, are not breathing hard or breaking a sweat yet.

"Drill Sargeant" Jeff has us go right into shoulder raises, followed by push ups, bicycle crunches, more shoulder raises, and 3 more sets of push ups. Good god, I'm not cut out for this. Jumping jacks, running in place, dead lifts, more ab torture, etc. and so on. I'm dying. I really think he's trying to kill us today. But he looks so nice. I'm sandwiched in between the two skinny girls, who are STILL not breathing hard. WTF? Seriously, why are you here?

We finish up with another lap around the parking lot. Oh, I can't go on. My legs are truly going to give out. Angela is energized. "Come on, you can do it," she says. "Picture a donut straight ahead." Ugh, I can't even think about eating right now or I might vomit. We decide a better motivator might be to have the hot "drill sargeant" stand at the finish line with his shirt off and the first one there gets a prize. I won't tell you what I suggested the prize be, it's really too vulgar for polite company, but it was funny.

Done with day 3! I go home and am so sore I can't even raise my arms over my head, so Michael has to undress me. Bonus for him. Even though Boot Camp really sucks, it feels really good. I'm looking forward to next week. In fact, this morning on the way to school, I passed several people out for their morning runs, and instead of feeling guilty like normal for not working out, I thought, "Ha suckers, I've already worked out for an hour, taken a shower and am ready for the day and it's only 8 a.m.!"

Now for Ibuprofen and an Epsom Salt bath...

2 comments:

Robin said...

When I was in the Army they just chased you in the pick up truck - did wonders for my time on the 2 mile runs. ;-) Seriously try some cadence tracks.

Angela Garvin said...

Dude, how many emails are you going to get about the prize?!?! I swear I will be laughing my ass off on Tuesday. Well not really, it's a nice image...ha!