Friday, September 4, 2009

Boot Camp, Day 2

September 3, 2009

Once again, Angela picks me up at 5:35 a.m. and we make our way to the park. We are a few minutes late and everyone has started the one mile "warm up" without us.

Angela says, "I thought we'd meet up and at least exchange pleasantries before we started." I replied, "This is BOOT CAMP, this ain't no f***in' Starbucks! There's no pleasantries in Boot Camp!" While we're having a good little chuckle, the skinny girls lap us and we are feeling bad for being late. 

Today the "drill sargeant" (who's not looking so cute anymore), makes us do squats, sit-ups, more squats, jumping jacks, more SQUATS and I'm still standing. OK, this is a good sign! Now we do a jillion sets of walking lunges with sprints mixed in between. Still standing. More lunges, more ab exercises, calf raises and who knows what else and I'm feeling pretty good. I can totally do this!

No comments: