Thursday, October 23, 2008

Penis, Placentas & Poop

More from the Sadie Chronicles...

Yesterday, Sadie had a friend over after school. I was cleaning out closets and had piles of stuff in the hallway. There just so happened to be a giant picture of a placenta. Sadie's friend Skylar said, "What's that?" Sadie said, "Oh, that's a placenta. There's the umbilical cord. And see that, that's where the baby lived." Skylar replied, "That's gross." It was high comedy (what can I say, I'm easily amused).

Later, Sadie walked out of her room with a large red xylophone tube between her legs. She said, "Look at my giant penis." After I told her to play a more appropriate game, she proceeded to say it two more times. Normally, I would have found this rather funny, but I was afraid of what poor Skylar was going to go home and tell her mom. She may never be allowed back.

Here are the jokes the girls told in the car on the way to take Skylar back to her mom.

Sadie: "Knock. Knock."
Skylar: "Who's there?"
Sadie: "S."
Skylar: "S who?"
Sadie: "S, why aren't you making a letter?"

Skylar: "Knock. Knock."
Sadie: "Who's there?"
Skylar: "Tree."
Sadie: "Tree who?
Skylar: "Tree, why aren't you blooming?"

Oh, and I forgot to mention the hysterical laughing that ensued after each of these jokes. Violet even joined in.

The final joke:

Sadie: "Knock. Knock."
Skylar: "Who's there?"
Sadie: "Butthole."
Skylar: "Butthole who?"
Sadie: "Butthole, why aren't you pooping?"

I have to admit, I actually giggled on that one! Who can resist a poop joke?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, what a perfect time for a butthole-that-isn't-pooping joke! Lucian will like that one. Of course, he'll have a very detailed medical explanation in response to the punchline, I'm sure.