Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm being replaced

Tonight, Jonah got Violet ready for bed all by himself. I'm not sure what prompted it, but it was very sweet and kind of hilarious. He changed her diaper (his first diaper change ever)! And I use cloth diapers so it was no easy task. I think he actually did a better job than Michael and he's had much more practice. It took him about 10 minutes to change it and Violet just laid there patiently. Then he put her pajamas on her. At one point, she started to get a little fussy at his clumsiness and he said, "I'm sorry sweetie." It was so cute.

After he got her dressed, I said, "Are you going to put her to bed too?" So he sat in the rocking chair with her and started to read her bedtime story. About 30 seconds into it, she looked at me and started wailing. It was a good try. I think with a bit more practice, Jonah will be able to take over for me. What will I do with all my spare time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your husband must love reading he hasn't got the hang of diapering yet :-D