Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nurse Sadie to the rescue

I developed a UTI today. Yuck. And ouch! I was going to the bathroom earlier and was practically in tears. Sadie was standing at the door. She said, "It's OK Mama. Just take three deep breaths. That's what sometimes helps me." She was right, it did help a little. My little doula in training!

She was very attentive to me the rest of the night. She brought me a blanket and pillow, rubbed my back and brought me water. The best was when she said, "I hope you feel better Mama. I don't want you to stay like this until you die." I couldn't agree more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. And way to go, Sadie, for being such a great little doula! Let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do to help... bring you food, make a run to the store, whatever.