Monday, October 6, 2008

Today's recap

Today the kids and I baked cookies. They are very tasty but not as cute as I was hoping. Then we went to the mall so I could buy a replacement battery for my laptop. The kids wanted to play on the boat. Jonah asked if he could take Violet down the slide and I said, "Sure!"

She LOVED it! Jonah thought he would take her down once and that would be it. He must have taken her at least 15 times. Every time he brought her back to me, she fussed and stretched out her arms to him. It was so sweet.

When we got home, I realized that the Apple store gave me the wrong battery. Not happy.

I was doing laundry before bedtime and Violet grabbed a pair of my underwear out of the basket and proceeded to crawl all over the house with them in her hand. She does this often with apparel - usually with socks, but occasionally with wash cloths, diaper wipes, Sadie's shirts, etc. She has a clothing fetish apparently. I have found socks and other articles of clothing that she has taken in her car seat on countless occasions.

So it was no surprise to see her with my underwear tonight. However, she refused to give them up and actually fell asleep snuggling with my silk underwear. At least they were clean! There have been many times when she has fallen asleep clutching a dirty sock.

No comments: