Monday, September 29, 2008

Little V is growing up!

Violet hit another milestone today! She started cruising! She's been pulling up for awhile now on anything and everything but not really moving. If she wanted to get to another area, she would lower herself to the ground, crawl to where she wanted to go and then stand back up. Today, the physical therapist was here and decided Violet was ready to start working on cruising. Ms. Dee (the PT) put some toys along the couch cushions to entice Violet but she didn't want anything to do with them. So we tried another strategy – food. Of course, that worked like a charm. We placed popcorn all along the cushions and she motored like she had been doing it for weeks. It was very exciting.

Last night, when we were at my mom and dad's house, she climbed the entire flight of stairs effortlessly. She's climbed them before but never so well. But that's not the best part. All by herself, she figured out how to climb back down. It was really amazing. We were all so proud.

Violet has added a few new words to her vocabulary as well. She says book and block and can sign "please" but only does that when coerced. She's really come a long way!

On another subject, it is 82 degrees in our house. The air conditioner stopped working. It is stifling. What a pain. I hate to call anyone about it because we probably won't need it but for a few more days. I'm going to try to hold out and have it looked at next spring.

Jonah and I had a funny conversation tonight. He asked me what "Bradley" stood for (as in The Bradley Method of Childbirth). I told him it didn't stand for anything, it was the name of the doctor who invented it. Then he said, "So Dr. Bradley invented Natural Birth Choices?" I said, "No, that is the name of my company and I teach The Bradley Method." "You own a company?" he said very surprised. He was very impressed! I've only been doing this for five years now, you would think my own kid would know what I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. YOU own a company?? Seriously?

OK, for real: HOORAY for Violet's mad cruising skills! Can't wait to see her moving all over the place.