Friday, August 1, 2008

Bakin' Fools

To pass the time today, we have been baking. First we made chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies. Sounds good, right? Well I used a recipe from "Super Baby Food" and it called for bananas. They turned out OK but tasted more like banana cookies than peanut butter. I'm glad I decided to add the chocolate chunks (that were not called for, by the way) because they definitely cut down on the banana flavor.

Then, we tried the recipe without chocolate and with sugar instead of banana. Way awful in my opinion, although the kids seem to like them. I thought they tasted like peanut butter flavored cardboard.

We also made some very yummy peanut butter/honey balls with oats. They turned out very well. And they are super easy. If you're interested, here is the recipe:

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup nonfat milk powder
1 cup ground rolled oats

Mix everything together and form into balls. Enjoy. No cooking involved and they're good for you. My kind of recipe!

That's it! I have also made this recipe with sesame seeds instead of oats. Also very tasty.

Now I have to go clean up the mess!

No comments: