Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School!!!

Today was the first day of school!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I'm excited)? The kids were so happy! They were starting to get very bored these last few weeks. Michael woke them up on his way out the door, so they were up at 6:45 this morning. By the time I got up, they were dressed, had eaten breakfast, brushed their teeth and Jonah had packed his lunch!

I have enjoyed a quiet morning with Violet. It feels strange not to have them in the house. I think Violet misses them, although she will probably enjoy having Mommy and the house to herself for awhile. She loves watching them, but they pester the living crap out of her sometimes.

I can't believe Jonah is in the 3rd grade already and Sadie is in her last year of Kindergarten. Next year she will be off to 1st grade. It just doesn't seem possible. Time sure does fly when you have kids. It's bittersweet. I'm glad to have some time to myself but a little sad at how fast they are growing up. At least I know they are well-cared for at Waldorf and they love school. There has never been a day yet since they started there that they didn't want to go. In fact, the one day that Jonah missed last year for being sick, he begged me to let him go to school. And most days, Sadie cried when I came to pick her up because she wanted to stay longer. We'll see if that continues this year. I hope they always love school as much as they do now.

I think I will take them to get a treat after school to celebrate their first day back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We always have warm cookies at the end of the first and last days of school...