Monday, July 14, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

So I walked out to the mailbox today and amid the assortment of junk mail, credit card applications, bills and class registration forms (I received 2 today!), there was an envelope postmarked from Pennsylvania. There was no return address. I was immediately intrigued, seeing as how I know not a soul from PA.

When I opened it, there was a postcard that read: "What is your unrelenting passion?" So I'm thinking it's from one of those Passion Party consultants (you know, the kind that sell the lotions and potions and various toys? Wink, wink.) Then I flipped it over and there was a handwritten note that said, "Nicole, Enjoy the 'perk'." Signed "PPDC." I'm thinking who in the hell is PPDC? But that's not all. There was also a $5 Starbucks gift card! Score!

Inside the gift card envelope is a label with a web site address: HighLowAha.com. Of course I immediately went there. It's a really cool blog by a woman in Texas. She has fabulous ideas and does all sorts of random acts of kindness and apparently, has quite a following. You should check it out!

All day though, I was racking my brain trying to figure out how this PPDC chick got my name. I figured it had to be one of two people and I was right. It was my friend Stacie. I still don't know who PPDC is, but whomever you are, you made my day! Tomorrow, I will be heading to my local Starbucks and getting my usual – a grande Mocha Lite Frappucino, triple blended! And if you think that is high maintenance, my friend Angela orders her Frappucino double blended three times (also known as 6 times to normal people, but she thinks it sounds less high maintenance to say it the other way)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to get RAK'd?

Nicole Zirnheld Aldridge said...

Yay! My first comment!!!