Friday, July 25, 2008

Bored out of my gourd

I'm about to die of boredom. I've been cleaning all day and rearranging my living room furniture that has been in exactly the same spot for 11 years. The kids love it but I know I'm going to put it back exactly like it was. I'm just not ready to burst their bubbles yet. I guess I'll have to do it when they go to bed.

Waiting for this vacation to come is agonizing. It seems like it will never get here. It feels like we are stuck in a sempiternal time warp where nothing is moving. Geez, I am worse than a kid at Christmas. I'm worse than my own kids waiting for this vacation.

I've already done all the shopping for the things we will need to take with us. I've made a packing list and printed it out. I've caught up on all the laundry. I've done everything but pack. It just seems ridiculously early to pack.

I'm so tired. I need a nap. I think we will go to Starbucks. Maybe it's just some caffeine that I need. At least it will get us out of the house!

No comments: