Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ice Cream Saturdae


The first Aldridge Ice Cream Sundae (or Saturdae in this case) was a smashing success! Due to a scheduling conflict, we decided to move it up one day early. We invited my mom and dad and some other relatives to join in the fun. In order to get ready for the 'party', we had to do a major clean-up of the house. Sadie, as usual, tried to malinger her way out of cleaning up with her "I'm too tired" excuse. ( Can you spot the word of the day?). This has become an everyday occurrence in our house at clean-up time. But with the threat of missing out on Ice Cream Saturdae, she perked up real quick!

Everyone had a great time and the sundaes were delicious, in spite of the missing ice cream scooper! I think this will be a wonderful family tradition that we will all enjoy for years to come!

After the ice cream, we played Wii bowling. The kids had a great time. Jonah gets major style points for his bowling technique. Sadie even scored a few strikes and was quite excited about it!

Oh, and I lost 1.2 lbs. this week, bringing my grand total to 31.4! Yay me. Only 31 more to go!

No comments: