Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Car Buying Sucks!

I'm trying to sell my SUV (along with the rest of the country's SUV owners apparently). Good luck with that, right? It cost me $80 to fill up my tank the other day. That will last me about a week. So the way I see it, I have one of three options. Sell my car and buy something more fuel efficient, don't sell it and never go anywhere or buy a scooter and try to find a way to strap me and my three kids to it.

Although option C sounds kinda fun, I don't think I'm quite up for that challenge. And option B, well let's just say (to borrow a phrase from an old friend of mine) I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than be stuck in the house with three kids for the rest of my life. So, I decided to try to trade in my car.

I researched car options and finally decided on the one I want. A Honda Fit. It's small but I did test drive it with all three kids (and car seats) to make sure they would all fit in the Fit! It was cozy but I think it will work. All last week I spent hours upon hours on the phone with various car dealers from here to Ohio and driving all over town trying to trade in my car. Nobody wants to give me anywhere near what my car is worth.

I hate car salesman. They are so slimy (sorry if you are one or are related to one of the slime-free variety). EVERY single one that I spoke with over the phone said, "Sure, I think we can make that happen. Come on in and let's see what we can do." Of course, when I get there, it's a different story. "Well, as you know, the SUV market just isn't doing so well right now." No duh!

I guess I'm going to try to sell it myself. If you know anyone who's interested, it's a 2006 Honda Pilot LX 2WD with 38,000 miles. It is in excellent condition and very clean (yes, even with three kids). It is black and actually gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV. So if you need an 8 passenger vehicle, it would be ideal. (Robin, any interest? You would only have to leave 2 members of your family at home! ;-)

No comments: