Friday, February 26, 2010

Language Explosion

In the last two weeks, Violet has made huge developmental strides. She is talking in five and six word sentences and putting more and more words together. Every day, there are new words! It's truly amazing. I am so thankful to our wonderful First Step therapists who have really helped Violet blossom!

This evening, we all went to dinner at Bob Evans. As we were finishing up our meal, out of nowhere, Violet blurts out (in the only volume she knows: LOUD), "I luh (love) you, Mommy!" "I luh you, Daddy!" "I luh you, Dee-dee!" By this time, all the tables in our little area are looking and listening; It was hard to ignore since she was practically shouting. "I luh you, Ga-Ga (Jonah)!" There were lots of smiles and "awws" from the surrounding tables...then, "I LUH YOU, ME!" Everyone around burst out laughing. Violet loved the attention and joined in with hysterical giggles, which made everyone laugh even harder!

It was the highlight of my whole day! That little girl brings so much joy to our family!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I can't believe her birthday is coming up! Such a big girl.

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Spontaneous expressions of love are great, too! I'm glad that her speech is improving. I know how hard it can be on a family when there are communication problems. My brother had speech issues for years. Violet sounds like a lot of fun.