Saturday, January 24, 2009

Old Maid

The other day, Sadie and I were playing "Old Maid." She asked me, "Why is she called 'Old Maid'? Is it because she's old and she's a maid?" 

I said, "No. A woman who is old and not married is called an 'Old Maid'." 

"Oh," she replied. "Just like Aunt Nana." (Aunt Nana is my mom's sister, Carol). 

"Yes," I said busting out laughing, "Just like Aunt Nana!"

MORE UPDATES...

•Sadie lost her other top tooth today (pictures forthcoming...)

•Violet is walking about 95% of the time now!

•I'm totally addicted to my new crackberry! If you don't have one, you must stop what you're doing right now and go get one! Then we can IM on our CB's together!

• I lost 2 lbs. this week at rehab. Woo hoo! That makes 4.2 in the last 3 weeks (37.6 lbs since I started Weight Watchers, 48 lbs since I had Violet – God I was a fat ass). I also dropped a size FINALLY! I've been teetering in between sizes for ages now and finally got to go shopping for some new jeans!

• One more Sadie-ism: My mom told me today that when she dropped Sadie off at school the week before last, Sadie told her that they couldn't be late or she would get a "tart." (AKA: tardy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're a fat *ss - what am I? (Never mind, don't answer that!)

Nice to see you blogging again.