Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tricks and Treats

This whole week leading up to Halloween has been all about creepy treats. I have made a different spooky surprise each day for the kids' lunches. They've been so excited every morning to see what I've cooked up!

Here's a recap...

Monday morning was peanut butter crackers and pretzel spiders (which I did not take a picture of). You take two round crackers, spread peanut butter in the middle, add 8 stick pretzels for legs and 2 raisins for the eyes, and voila...spiders!

Monday night for dinner, we had Mummy Pizzas. Again, I forgot to take pictures. Here's a web site where I got the recipe if you want to see the finished product...http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/halloween-recipes/halloween-entrees/pizza-mummies-688188/

Tuesday's lunch surprise was Monster Mouths. These were a huge hit!!! Again, no picture but here's the web site...http://www.foodiewithlittlethyme.blogspot.com/ 

I also made a little after school snack...

These were super easy. 1/2 cup honey, 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, 2 cups dried milk powder mixed together until they form balls. Add some chocolate chips for eyeballs and chow mein noodles for the legs. 

Tuesday night's dinner was Mummy Dogs (just your basic pig in a blanket). Also, another big hit.
For today's treat, I made Ghosts on a Stick. Frozen bananas dipped in white chocolate.

For tonight's dinner, I served up Eyeballs and Fingers...


Check back to see what other ghastly treats are in store for the rest of the week.

No comments: