Monday, November 24, 2008

The Royal Treatment

Yesterday, Michael and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary! Where did the time go?

Since it was Sunday, we were trying to sleep in a little. Jonah and Sadie kept coming in our room trying to wake us up. We were quite annoyed. I walked out in the living room and immediately saw why they were so anxious to wake us up. They had cleaned the whole house! And it had been quite a mess the night before. They even loaded the dishwasher. Jonah said they had been up since 6:15 cleaning.

Then, the two of them brought us breakfast in bed – donuts, orange juice and milk. They kept calling us "Your majesties." It was so adorable. Then they presented us with a lovely card that they made themselves and sang us "Happy Anniversary" to the tune of "Happy Birthday." They had obviously practiced.

It was the sweetest thing ever. I guess we must be doing something right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so freaking sweet! The image of them practicing the song together privately is almost too much for me. How lucky are you? And how hormonal am I to feel like I just watched a Hallmark commercial or something?